Search the forum,

Discuss Immersion Heater programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buller44

Hello, i have a customer who has asked me if i could supply them with a new Immersion heater programmer with a 5 minute boost facility. She used to be on economy 7 and has recently had solar pv and had the economy 7 taken off. She is very conscious about how much electric she will be using so wanted a programmer to heat her water first thing in the morning and then the option to boost it for 5 mins in a afternoon if she wants/needs to. any ideas please... thanks

5 minute of boost on a 3kW immersion would deliver not much more than 4 Litres of water (10-60 deg C rise) I think a longer boost time would be wise. Have you explained that as soon as it gets up to temp the stat will turn it off.

Hi Chris,
Yes i have tried to explain this to the customer. the only problem i have is she is the sort of person that the only form of heating she has is a coat and if she is still cold then she just puts on another layer. Doesn't own a television and has squirrels, Pheasants and badgers as pets. i think i may be able to convince her to have 15 min boost but thats about it. Yes i have explained about when it heats up it will turn off on its stat but she wants what she wants :)

fit her a low heat loss modern cylinder and she wont have to turn the heater back on in the afternoon as it will still be the same temp, well maybe one or two degrees lower. :)

Try her with one of these.

SMNTT03.JPG

24 Hour / 7 Day GP / Immersion Heater Timeswitch - Electronic

She sounds interesting.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion Heater programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock