Search the forum,

Discuss Imit dual thermostat firebird popular in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

91fLIz-zmdL._AC_SL1500_ (1).jpg

Hi guys hope some of you can help living in rural wales its pretty hard to get tradesmen any time soon so i have learnt to do many things myself but electricity on oil.boilers is not one.. thermostat failed on firebird popular 70 ordered a replacement with them and a imit thermostat was sent and this diagram is not helping me to wire it in any way.. can any of you guys put your expertise together and paint a picture in laymans terms.. if you could it would be great

Its been some time since doing one so can't picture it internally. You want your incoming live, neutral and earth, live going into limit stat L, earth to and from earth connections, one to the unit and then one for the burner and bridge the neutral with a suitable rated connector, 5 amp will be fine. You will probably have to put a common link in between limit stat and control stat, again cant remember off the top of my head.
You need to make sure all connections are correct and secured tightly.
6A0513B2-F78B-4B52-B9FC-1FB203DF2087.png

Heres a better image for you, what you have isn’t helpful to you.

As above from SJB . The link between the two stats should be factory fitted .
Power in ,left term , power out, right term of right stat ( high limit )
Like SJB its years since I did one , I have a load in the garage, I will have a look in the morning to check I am right .

Cheers guys for the imput the agri mechanic did tell me to set it this way the wires on the pump timer and house thermostat corresponded but the power to the burner was dead.. something must be wrong somewhere. This was his set up idea
20201021_113832.jpg

The wiring in your picture which is only just visible to us as you're a new member looks all wrong, in fact it looks like you could be creating a dead short, although I cant be certain which colour wire was assigned to what.
The image I shared above is what to follow, once you know which is each wire. All the dual thermostat is doing is switching a live between limit stat and control stat and to boiler. The neutral needs to be bridged as I said (I cant see that in the photo) and the earth cables to their respective terminals.

Thanks for your imput fellers really appreciate it.. time to get this big old house warm again and give the woodstove a rest.. the wires from the left..Aka safety limit stat are as follows grey...green blue...and on the right side AKA. control thermostat are grey blue and the green is bridging back on itself.. no link between the two stats...thanks guys as i said my electric knowledge is not the best

As has been said wireing in picture totally wrong and dangerous
To be clear switched live from external controls left connection on limit stat link right connection on limit stat to left connection of control stat burner feed right connection of control stat neutrals connected together with connector block not wired to stats! Earths to top connections on stats
Out of interest what are brown and grey wires on 4 Core feed by? One should be a switched live what's the other?
And if your that unsure probably time to get an electrician!

Power goes into limit stat, limit stat linked to main stat, power comes out to feed burner.

It's one of the few occasions I can actually say it's not rocket science.

Reply to Imit dual thermostat firebird popular in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock