Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ideal isor 35he banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

got to go look at above boiler tomorrow and by the sounds of it, it has explosive ignition.
any pointers for me to start with, apart from the axe as i need to make some ££ from it:angry:?.
thanks.

start with gas pressures and a fga if they are ok suggest a service and order a gasket set when you strip it down check the ionization probes have not moved,also a rubber gasket on the flue bend can fail

make sure ignition electrodes are clean and gapped correctly.

These tend to blow out the back end.
remove fan and burner and look inside.

Also check primary flue seal (inside the boiler).

would also check condensate trap/run is not blocked.

hmm!, went around there and found 48mb standing pressure at meter.

do you think that was the problem.lol.

also the spark plug had drooped about 3-4mm from earth probe.

took me 3 bloody hours and nearly missed the restaurant booking for the evening but got a tenner tip.:-~~~~~)

with 48mb, surprised it fired up, they are normally very sensitive with over pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal isor 35he banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I turned my central heating on for the first time today this year and it started to bang and the flame inside looked a bit erratic. Upon...
Replies
Views
C
Got back from a week visiting family over Xmas and our boiler has now started making banging and grinding noises. It’s a British Gas 330 which...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock