Discuss Ideal Concord WRS 240B in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sdsparks

Any one have manufacturese instructions for Ideal Concord WRS 240B or if not any advice on servicing one?

Thanks

Sam

Have you serviced a boiler before? If so you will be able to do this.

It's a lump of cast iron with a burner and gas valve underneath, inside a case.

Thanks Sambotc for such a helpfull reply, of course I have serviced a boiler, my question was any tips i.e known problems. Give your help to others in future i'm fine without you

I wasn't taking the mickey I was being serious! They are as simple as they come.

I've never met or spoken to you before so how do I know if you've serviced a boiler before? Plenty out there who haven't!

Sorry took your post the wrong way, it seems asbestos is present and online advice suggets staying away from them. If I suggest replacing it, how do I remove the old thing without disrupting the asbestos seals?

Anyone?

They can be a pig to remove especially if above worktop, very heavy!!

You should be ok, maybe if your wary spray the asbestos seals with carpet glue or similar. They are held on by 4 nuts (2 each side) and you either have to knock about 2inches out above the flue hole out to lift it (and the flue) off the bracket, or a trick I do is bend the tabs down on the brackets so it will slide forwards. Shouldn't really disturb it much that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Concord WRS 240B in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Wanted old Ideal Standard Concorde Boiler for spare parts. If you are removing one please let me know. Thanks
Replies
Views
D
Morning Everyone. I have an Ideal concord WRS 55. i know ! 40 something yrs old. The Honeywell stat and control board have mostly failed. no...
Replies
Views
S
IF any of you plumbers are removing an old Ideal Concorde floor standing boiler please let me know.I need one as spares are many parts are now not...
Replies
Views
Sherwood
S
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock