Discuss Ideal Boiler No Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davecpfc

Hi

Hope this is in the right place, looking for some advise.

I have an Ideal Icos HE24 boiler and today it has stopped heating water. It has power running to it, both the time display and boiler.
The source code is 0 but the light for the burner doesn't come on and holding reset doesn't do anything.
I have turned the whole boiler off and turned back on, when I do this it flashes 4 once and then goes to 0 on the source and has no bar of pressure showing.

Is there anything I am able to do?

If you need any further details please let me know and thanks

Can you take a photo on the right hand side of the hot water tank cant make out what is in that corner, I can see a gauge on the pipe work , what is that reading ? the chrome flexi that you are showing is the expansion from the tank , is the one on the right hand side the same sort of pipe ??

I might be missing something but 0 on an Icos is no demand at boiler. C sw live received foe boiler. Could be controls

Can you take a photo on the right hand side of the hot water tank cant make out what is in that corner, I can see a gauge on the pipe work , what is that reading ? the chrome flexi that you are showing is the expansion from the tank , is the one on the right hand side the same sort of pipe ??
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hope they help..
Turns out the heating filling loop was closed, opened that and the tank has now filled but still doesn't seem to be kicking out heat or hot water. Once I open the heating loop the pressure bar went from 0 to just over 3

View attachment 23453
View attachment 23454
Hope they help..
Turns out the heating filling loop was closed, opened that and the tank has now filled but still doesn't seem to be kicking out heat or hot water. Once I open the heating loop the pressure bar went from 0 to just over 3

turn the filling loop off and its too full needs to be around 1-1.2 bar to get the pressure down bleed a rad

0 is boiler has no demand. Icos is a heat only boiler not a combi. If display does not change to c then boiler is not getting a demand. Faulty external controls. Get someone in to check. A better picture would help

image.jpgimage.jpg
0 is boiler has no demand. Icos is a heat only boiler not a combi. If display does not change to c then boiler is not getting a demand. Faulty external controls. Get someone in to check. A better picture would help

It's a Honeywell programmer
Gassafe the vessel isn't full, had this one installed on Thursday as old one was faulty and full of water. I am going to be replacing the wood it is attached to tomorrow when I can get some from work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Boiler No Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock