Discuss Ideal Boiler No Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davecpfc

Hi

Hope this is in the right place, looking for some advise.

I have an Ideal Icos HE24 boiler and today it has stopped heating water. It has power running to it, both the time display and boiler.
The source code is 0 but the light for the burner doesn't come on and holding reset doesn't do anything.
I have turned the whole boiler off and turned back on, when I do this it flashes 4 once and then goes to 0 on the source and has no bar of pressure showing.

Is there anything I am able to do?

If you need any further details please let me know and thanks

Call in an engineer there is a 99% chance there is nothing you can do. And the 1% you have already tried.
Maybe post in the i need an engineer section

Do you know how to top up pressure in system, if its showing Zero that's why its not working.

Topping an icos up ??
Id be surprised if its a sealed system..but possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how to top up pressure in system, if its showing Zero that's why its not working.

Thanks for the replies, wouldn't have a clue how to do this? am I best as Phill suggests to get an engineer in?

Have you a water tank or 2 in the loft or a high upstairs cupboard ??

Can you see any sort of expansion vessel. It will be made of steel and spherical should be/usually red

So must be a filling point with a pressure gauge somewhere near the red tank may look like a chrome hose with black leaver or if cheep one screwdriver slot, can you put on photo of airing cupboard ??

Also can you see sort of water coming from a pipe outside near the location where the boiler is, but on the outside.
It may be dripping or the brickwork wet and hard to see.

If you add photos its worth a 1000 words

image-18-10-15-02-27-1.jpgimage-18-10-15-02-27.jpg
So must be a filling point with a pressure gauge somewhere near the red tank may look like a chrome hose with black leaver or if cheep one screwdriver slot, can you put on photo of airing cupboard ??

On me phone atm so pics are small back right 1st set of pipes looks like a filing loop will look like a washing machine valve with a flex on the end going to another washing machine valve

Can you take a photo on the right hand side of the hot water tank cant make out what is in that corner, I can see a gauge on the pipe work , what is that reading ? the chrome flexi that you are showing is the expansion from the tank , is the one on the right hand side the same sort of pipe ??

I might be missing something but 0 on an Icos is no demand at boiler. C sw live received foe boiler. Could be controls

Can you take a photo on the right hand side of the hot water tank cant make out what is in that corner, I can see a gauge on the pipe work , what is that reading ? the chrome flexi that you are showing is the expansion from the tank , is the one on the right hand side the same sort of pipe ??
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hope they help..
Turns out the heating filling loop was closed, opened that and the tank has now filled but still doesn't seem to be kicking out heat or hot water. Once I open the heating loop the pressure bar went from 0 to just over 3

View attachment 23453
View attachment 23454
Hope they help..
Turns out the heating filling loop was closed, opened that and the tank has now filled but still doesn't seem to be kicking out heat or hot water. Once I open the heating loop the pressure bar went from 0 to just over 3

turn the filling loop off and its too full needs to be around 1-1.2 bar to get the pressure down bleed a rad

I might be missing something but 0 on an Icos is no demand at boiler. C sw live received foe boiler. Could be controls

Yes that is correct 0 is no demand but even without tap running nothing changes and heating not kicked in even though on at control

Take it all controls are calling for heat ? Room stat turned up, on at timer etc.,

0 is boiler has no demand. Icos is a heat only boiler not a combi. If display does not change to c then boiler is not getting a demand. Faulty external controls. Get someone in to check. A better picture would help

That silver vessel on the cylinder looks like its full of water & hanging onto the wall for dear life!

image.jpgimage.jpg
0 is boiler has no demand. Icos is a heat only boiler not a combi. If display does not change to c then boiler is not getting a demand. Faulty external controls. Get someone in to check. A better picture would help

It's a Honeywell programmer
Gassafe the vessel isn't full, had this one installed on Thursday as old one was faulty and full of water. I am going to be replacing the wood it is attached to tomorrow when I can get some from work

It's the honeywell control known for relay faults when green light comes on does it click if not phone them they have 5 year warranty on these due to this fault. Done a few. Unusual for both to go though

It's the honeywell control known for relay faults when green light comes on does it click if not phone them they have 5 year warranty on these due to this fault. Done a few. Unusual for both to go though hu

It's the honeywell control known for relay faults when green light comes on does it click if not phone them they have 5 year warranty on these due to this fault. Done a few. Unusual for both to go though hu

It does still click if I turn the setting to off then on again but may still call them in the morning although I have a feeling I would be outside the 5 year warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Boiler No Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock