Search the forum,

Discuss Icos Ideal HE24 heats the hot water and only slightly heats the central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spudder

Hi

My problem is that I have hot water but no central heating (although the central heating does get slightly warm but only for a short while and not enough heat to warm a room let alone heat it)

I have an Ideal Icos boiler (sealed system I think it's known as). The programmer is a Honeywell, the thermostat is a wireless Drayton digistat, the cental heating pump is a Grundfos and the 2 silver actuators are Honeywell.

What I have done so far.

I have (several times) re-linked the thermostat with the wireless receiver (replaced the bateries too). I have tried the overide but the boiler still says '0' and not the usual 'c' when the central heating is on.

I have moved the switch on the actuator (I think that is what it is called) to manual - but it slips back to auto after a while.

I am wondering if it is the actuators and if so can I replace just the head or could it be the actual valve?

I have tried viewing other forums but none appear to give me the answer I need.

Thanks in advance.

Hi spudded welcome to the forum
sounds like you need to get a gas safe engineer in to sort it. Post on the looking for a gas safe registered forum on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Icos Ideal HE24 heats the hot water and only slightly heats the central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock