Discuss how to remove this TRV ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nobbyone

Hi,

Could anybody tell me how to remove this TRV from its valve? Thanks

P_20160120_121243.jpg

The black nut next the silver body of the valve will unscrew.

The black nut does not move much, just a quarter turn. It has a small tab on it. Would the quarter turn be enough to allow me to pull it off?

The black nut does not move much, just a quarter turn. It has a small tab on it. Would the quarter turn be enough to allow me to pull it off?

It might be that the valve head pushed on and the nut just locks with a quarter turn. have you tried pulling the head after undoing the nut as much as it will go?

I've seen quarter turn (maybe quarter, didn't get my protractor out:) ) once in an old dears house, she had one of those boilers that are behind a hinged radiator to give you an idea of the age of the install.
It was just a quarter turn then a wriggle to get the TRV head off, if I remember correctly it was a Drayton valve, could of been Honeywell though, but was definitely a well known valve manufacturer.
Have you tried to wriggle the head off with the nut in varying positions?

It's the Knurled nut in centre of picture. Unscrew 3 to 4 turns and TRV will pull off to right.

there is no thread to unscrew. The black nut appear to just tighten its grip on the valve head.

Sometimes valve clamps on flange and this clamp action tightened by nut. With nut slack rotate whole of valve to locate grooves in flange where head can be removed.

Isn't there a grub screw as well? Usually just rotate the black lock nut to slacken the grippy bits then you should be able to unclip/pull the head away from the body.

I think it was a Honeywell. Can't find a picture of it anywhere. Petty old though, system has a manual clock timer with movable metal on/off hands like a shop lights timer.

I will try all the suggestion this afternoon.

Hi all,

It was a allen headed grub screw located in the protruding tab part of the black metal ring. It was an old Danfoss head.

Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to remove this TRV ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I did some plumbing many years ago I have never fitted a combi-boiler and am confused by this problem ...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Afternoon all, I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I...
Replies
Views
I have a downstairs rad that has a 23 year old TRV and it's barely heating up. I bled it, and removed the TRV head and it still just gets a bit...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock