Discuss How to get 6089 without doing 6129 ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Cotton

Is it possible to go straight to 6089 without the 6129, based on experience and a portfolio ?

I assume it may be if employed by an established plumbing company but what about if you are a self employed one man band and have never done the 6129 ?

I am just trying to avoid £5000 for a course unless it really is required. The cheaper Chase course looks of interest but would it permit the 6089 and later gas qualifications to be done as ultimately I would want to be Corgi gas registered etc.

i know their was some way of doing nvq2 if you had 5 yrs checkable refs of being self employed and a portfolio.
without doing all that playing with bits of copper pipe. but you still had to sit the exams for 6129 if i remember.
someone here will know

thats pretty much right aj, u can do a direct 6089 but it contains all the exams from the 6129 anyway, u also have to do more on-site stuff

Apparently if you have 5 years experience, you just have to prove you can do certain bits from the 6129, like install a bathroom & put up a radiator, little more than that. You do have to take the theory exams, which are not rocket science. You do not have to go through the whole thing. Then you can go straight onto the NVQ2 I think there are only a couple of places in the UK that are allowed by City & Guilds to do this short course 6129/NVQ. I know the one in the south is The Plumbing Academy in kent, when I was on a course, there were a quite a few guys in the workshop doing this, it was only taking them a couple of weeks to knock the 6129 out. I recomend the place as well
Hope this helps

As you say you still have to do the larger assessments from the 6129, all knowledge exams but not the final GOLA test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to get 6089 without doing 6129 ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock