Discuss How to classify this cooker bayonet fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutty_jah

Gas Engineer
Alright guys and gals, Ive come across this fitting for cooker bayonet which comes out straight from the wall. I'm confused in how to classify it on cp12, I'm thinking ncs. Update fitting on next installation? uploadfromtaptalk1448476140721.jpg

is it back to front? if so min of AR. or simple to just install it correctly and charge for the privilege of doing so

Is the bayonet behind stud wall or just hose screwed into fitting

It's a solid wall with this fitting jutting out. The cooker hose push twists into it. Like a standard bayonet.

Personally I would be disconnecting this one. Then give them a price to rectify iaw regs/m.i's.
andy

As above, its a side issue but an NCS doesnt automatically become an AR in the advent of a discovery.
Its still an NCS but just noted generally or communicated verbally - for what its worth lol

Thanks for the feedback guys, im thinking i will probably have a NCS word with the agents. I'm hoping its just the elbow that needs threading onto the back plate. Place needs remedial work anyway, the boiler was AR, as no internal seal around flue. External seal is present.

But as jtsplumbing pointed out, any paperwork has to be issued as AR under current GIUSP. Am i right?

Thanks for the feedback guys, im thinking i will probably have a NCS word with the agents. I'm hoping its just the elbow that needs threading onto the back plate. Place needs remedial work anyway, the boiler was AR, as no internal seal around flue. External seal is present.

But as jtsplumbing pointed out, any paperwork has to be issued as AR under current GIUSP. Am i right?

No , look at mine and Phills post above

I fail to see how that is AR. Some manufacturers are fine with just the external rubber seal and nothing else. Even if it's not one of those manufacturers, it's NCS at most unless POCs are entering the building.

No. You still note it as NCS, just don't issue a warning notice. Record it on the LGSC, invoice, or elsewhere.

You are correct Masood, 'flue trim can either be installed on interior or exterior wall'.

Need to adjust my cert, me thinks!

Also will note the cooker connections on comments section.

Thanks again everyone.

Most manufacturers engineers with AR an unsealed flue unless it states in the MI it's ok. Been to a number the last few years when boiler has been AR by engineer under warranty call due to not being sealed. IMO all should be seal externally no matter what.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to classify this cooker bayonet fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock