Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How do I remove this tap head ? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

One of my mixer taps is dripping. Quick research tells me to replace the washer. So I prise off the top of the tap, remove a screw, then lift off the tap handle to be faced with what you see in PIC1. I am guessing I need to remove the collar with the groove ?

Can anyone please tell me -

1. The brand of my tap
2. What type (with recommendation) of tool I may need to remove the tap
3. After managing to remove the collar on the tap, will there be a washer or a cartridge at the bottom.

I have three of these taps leaking in my home so If I can nail this job then I am in good shape for tacking the others.

Thanks folks !

"We've had a tough day; we've tangled with a little pipe and porcelain. Now it's Montrachet Time!" - Frasier Crane.

Attachments

• PIC1.jpg
    PIC1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 16
  • PIC2.jpg
    PIC2.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 14

Reply to How do I remove this tap head ? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock