Discuss hot water coming into cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is her kitchen cold tap dry aswell?

It must have been fed from the tank you removed?

The lady without water must be on your customers back, but he only complained about his rotten boiler?

make your mind up fella, is it a worcester or vokera!?

for those of you who may question my tone this gentleman has posted this question elsewhere and some of us have endevoured to help out...then I came across this thread, what gives mrplumberman?

make your mind up fella, is it a worcester or vokera!?

for those of you who may question my tone this gentleman has posted this question elsewhere and some of us have endevoured to help out...then I came across this thread, what gives mrplumberman?

I seen other thread but didn't pick up on the different boilers lol

Has to be a stitch up...

The guy is too vague on the details, he has to be taking the ....

Any plumber should know how to fix it, find the point of connection and swap the pipes round, simples.

If you are gen, my advice is too take protection... Maybe a taser incase the guy goes mad

Last edited by a moderator:
If this isn't some kind of wind-up may i suggest next time you take on a jog like this that you go buy yerself a couple of rolls of insulting tape, one red and one blue and mark each pipe accordingly
(by this i mean red on the hot and blue on the cold) this should help avoid any confusion and consequently the nightmare situation you now find yourself in. And if i were you i'd forget about crossing any pipes at the boiler, dont want the w/c filling with gas do we?

tell your customer its the latest craze! his bog will always be spotless and he can give his taters a sauna while he takes a tom tit

I have only just seen this thread.
I just had a quick look back through the answers and I cannot find any confirmation that the pipes are crossed?
Does the wc fill with hot? or does it just fire the boiler when flushed?

If it only fires the boiler, isolate the cold mains to the boiler and try again, Does it still fire up?

What I was thinking is the cold mains pressure is very low and the wc is then flushed there could be enough movement in the pipework to make the boiler flow switch?

As for downstairs loosing water, I would guess at shared tank and you have cut off their supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water coming into cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back