Discuss honeywell cm zone kit in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

powervan man

Has anybody used this to get round the new part L zone regs for smaller houses ,if so can you recommend it ,i know its about £400 to buy.

I assume you mean houses under 150m².

I would be interested to know how developers are interpreting the new regulations for "small" houses.

I assume you mean houses under 150m².

I would be interested to know how developers are interpreting the new regulations for "small" houses.
Yes i do mean houses under 150m sq m ,the smaller builders ,property developers that i do work for are completely in the dark and have asked if it really necessary !

Yes i do mean houses under 150m sq m ,the smaller builders ,property developers that i do work for are completely in the dark and have asked if it really necessary !
There is a large development taking place about a mile from where I live. It's being done by Taylor Wimpey. I might take a trip up there and look at the show houses to see how they are interpreting the rules.

That document was replaced in October 2010 by the Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide

The main difference is over the temperature control in the two zones required when the floor area is under 150sqm. The old version gave a choice: room thermostat in main zone and TRVs in other zones; or room stats in both zones. See page 15, table 2 "Temperature Control of Space Heating". The new version requires a room stat in both zones and TRVs. See page 23, Table 2, item 5.0.

This effectively means either two (combi) or three (HW cylinder) zone valves in all new installations. This will change the way installations are piped as the downstairs and upstairs rads will have to be completely separated after the pump.

i think WB did an article if upstairs have radio controlled trv,s and are treated as one zone it can save the piping issue didnt take a lot of notice at the time i will be interested in reading other comments in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to honeywell cm zone kit in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock