Search the forum,

Discuss Honeywell bypass valve possibly not well in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

After x number of years, I looked at this valve as the water was very hot very quickly through the valves.

It was set to the white band which didn't look correct.

I unscrewed the screw to reset it. It fell out and revealed three loose parts

Screw, red cover, and black part with the numbers on.

There doesn't seem to be a marker where the bits should go and if I fit it in place where the top meets the black part on the valve, the screw does not match the hole

The spindle of the bronze does not turn easily (not risking it).

Can anyone confirm that it is broken or suggest a fix that does not involve replacing the complete valve?

Thanks in advance

If it’s been doing it’s job for x amount of years things get warn / scale on them so if you can replace for best practices

Reply to Honeywell bypass valve possibly not well in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace a gate valve bypass. I'm happy its in the correct position & orientation, Its set to 0.2 bar. I don't believe we had this clunk last year. I suspect...
Replies
Views
S
Hi does any one No where I can get a old style brown thermostatic valve screw in type for model number WL1500RC I’ve asked crosswater AND THEY SENT ME THE WRONG ONE 🙈 but insist it isn’t part number SC50-t20 It doesn’t screw in and has a funny o ring on a 45 degree angle Many thanks
Replies
Views
A
Hi The area is near Telford in Shropshire. I have a 25 year old system. A gas fired Rayburn heats hot water and CH. The Honeywell diverter valve (the silver box thingy) has failed on the CH side, but I still have hot water. I bought a replacement, the Honeywell bit, connected to the 3 way...
Replies
Views
Alan Hayward
A
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question! There’s a gap (20mm in length & 3mm height) at the bottom of the frame (where it meets the shower tray) closest to the wall that appears to have been...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock