Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please!

IMG_0013.jpg

If you find your self removing a boiler at 10 pm at night for a relation and unable to label the wiring as pens have not been invented yet going by the black look on their faces when you ask for one,bend the wires to signify there use ie from left to right pump live,live (permanent),switched live,neutral and earth..sorted and yes I will be using a junction box and fitting flex to new unit... :devilish:

while am I on a role

Also advise same relations not to paint radiators with emulsion paint,will not give the look they are looking for !!

IMG_0018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

and make sure the washing machine/dishwashers off first before turning it off in the first place,had a custard today ring up (he fancies himself as a wanna be plumber) him just changed my tap washer and now the washing machine wont fill up ,whats gone wrong me you have killed its solenoid buddy,it was running when you turned the cold main off wasn't it ? him eh yes wife switched it on without telling me(liar )anyway can you fix it? me no,i am a plumber call a repairer
Almost all washing machines will cut out when the water cuts out, fire this back at them.

anyone any tips on removing basins which have been glued to the wall by either tile adhesive or something similar ??? took me ages the other night with a hacksaw blade and a bit of brute force which ended up doing me back in !

anyone any tips on removing basins which have been glued to the wall by either tile adhesive or something similar ??? took me ages the other night with a hacksaw blade and a bit of brute force which ended up doing me back in !
If it's stuck with silicone, ease it off the wall a little and jam it each end with a big screwdriver. Pour some silicone remover fluid down the back of the sink, leave it for 10-15mins and it will come off nae bother. Silicone remover is available from your local poofix. It's great for removing silicone round baths and showers and for tidying up silicone when you've used a bit too much!
Oh, make sure you catch the silicone with a towel under the basin or it might mark the tiles!

this one was stuck on with tile adhesive or something similar though, sweat was bucketing out of me getting the thing off

this one was stuck on with tile adhesive or something similar though, sweat was bucketing out of me getting the thing off
Had one that was stuck solid with that adhesive "Sticks like..." Only way I know is to prise the basin off a bit and jam it each end with a big screwdriver then put a concrete saw up the back and start cutting the adhesive. I always cover the tiles first with taping on an old towel, to stop the saw marking them.

But use masking tape. I did it once with black tape and it left a black mark which did come off but took some persuasion.

how do i post a new thread

Hint.
f you fancy a "career" in plumbing it is wise to get a job and be taught rather than pay a fortune to learn very little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Looking for tips on being faster at work. I am working on new builds and pressure is being put on me to speed up production. I am working at a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever / would you ever; Work for a Plumbing Supplier / Electrical Wholesaler - POLLTIME! PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS VIA FACEBOOK...
Replies
Views
How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips? This email has been sent to all members of the forum. I thought we could...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
H
  • Article
Lecturers in Plumbing within Construction 36 hours, 52 weeks per year , part time hours will also be considered £32,732- £39,096 per annum...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock