Search the forum,

Discuss How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips?

This email has been sent to all members of the forum. I thought we could help each other out.

How is your business doing? How has the economy (and I hear recession being said here and there in the news now) affected you at home and your business?

Any tips for these big fuel bills, energy bills etc?

To be honest it has been like watching car crash TV for the last six months even though I havent watch any main stream news as it is either all lies or just not reported if it doesn't fit with the western narrative. Can I just say that this situation the western counties have got them selves into this mess by putting sanctions on Russia even after been tolded at the start of the year that the sanctions would backfire, don't take my word for it check out "The Duran" or "redacted" on YouTube all western politician should be jailed for putting Ukrainian people before the UK citizen. They have also taken Ukrainian of the news now hoping the public short memory span won't connect the dots before the protesting starts.
The budget last Friday is a good indication of the panic western politicians are in cuz this is going to be a winter of protesting as the real pain has yet to be felt, the majority or economist are expecting things to fall of a cliff 1st quarter next year. But our new prime minister will be fine while they throw money at the UK public until she wins and election and then the UK will fall of a cliff economically, but the conservatives will fine as they get to stay in power for another 5 years.

All ok for now but I can see we have some rough times coming there will some poor people who will loose their homes, have them reprocessed as they will not be able to afford the mortgage repayments, the cost of living has got rediculous how on earth does the government expect people to pay their bills ? the country was on its knees before all the increases , Boris maybe have been a bumbling bafoon but I can't see Liz Truss doing much better her Chancellor has done Billions of pounds worth of damage in just one week to our economy our currency is worth next to nothing nice on Kwasi . Kop

Hello I have been advised by two plumbers to have my combi boiler set to the 'e' setting for economical as it's best to save gas this way. However when I do this, my radiators are absolutely roasting so how do this save gas, surely it uses more?

Experiment ! the lower you can get your flow temperature the less gas you will use and your boiler will stay in condensing mode, if you have a well insulated home and reasonable size radiators then 50 - 55 ° c may well be enough? Reduce it 2-3 segments before the e and see how it goes , you could also get your combi wired to open therm you may need a different room thermostat ? . kop

Last edited:

Reply to How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock