• Replies 11
  • Views 88
  • hetas

Discuss Hetas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newcastle phill

Had quite a few calls asking if i fit dry systems.
Whats involved in becoming qualified.

Hi Phil sorry to tag along mate but I'm very interested in this as well as I have calls going up and up asking about heating alternatives

I looked at this ages ago pal, usual training and assessment, but at the time I enquired it was the site evidence that became the hard one. Unless you know a hetas guy , but if he is local to you , he aint going to want another guy on his patch .

I will read the replys with interest

Yeh i seen that bit aswell regarding the on site experience.
Anyone know how many jobs you have to do.

I think that bit is perhaps a bit daft if you already have gas safe/fires ticket...

That bit must be new. I didnt think there was any 'on site' stuff.

Im sure some of the lads who donthis later will be along to shed some light hopefully

I do a few dual fuel systems of variety of configurations but always use one of two guy I know to do the hetas part of the job as for me personally with all the other registrations that have to be maintained I think its best to spread the work to make life easier

I had a very brief look around the middle of last year. I saw a hetas advert in the gas engineer.

There's a special course designed for gsr people. I can't remember the code off the top of my head but I seem to remember it was a couple of grand for the course which put me straight off. At least for a couple of years, I don't need my ACS, G3 and hetas renewals in the same year!

I'll see if I can find out the course details when I have a bit more time. I don't remember anything about a portfolio though.

I've got a hetas chap I forward my enquiries on to and I get his gas fire decommissions in return. I'm in no rush to take on another strand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hetas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hi - I've had some conflicting advice so looking for confirmation please - what size should a heat sink radiator for a log burner/boiler be? I've been told by one installer 10% of output to water and another 20%. I can;t find aything in building regs and can;t find a HETAS document with that...
Replies
Views
G-laaar
G
C
Hey peeps, So looking into changing careers and wanting to know how hard and what things do you need to do become a qualified gas engineer? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock