Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hepvo valve - will it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kkelly77

I was having a problem with a foul odor coming from the 40mm waste pipe the washing machine is connected to. There is no P trap in place. Just a vertical run of about 200mm and then an angle to run horizontally into the main waste pipe.

I picked up a Hepvo and connected it straight onto the pipe (i.e. vertically). The problem is the waste pipe is located just in behind one of the kitchen presses and I can't fully hand tighten the Hepvo compression connector. It's snug but due to the oil on the compression connector diaphragm, it can slide up and down.

Will this suffice, as I have the washing machine outlet pipe inserted as far as it can go? Cheers.

K

I would have just fitted an appliance trap, cheaper than a hepvo.

images

do you have the hep vo fitted at the top of the pipe or halfway down?

you might still get smells if you have pushed the drain in past the seal on the hepvo. i would move it down lower tbh.

you might still get smells if you have pushed the drain in past the seal on the hepvo. i would move it down lower tbh.

I know what you mean but I'm limited by space and access unfortunately.

have you enough space to put a bit of pipe at the top without moving the hepvo down?

have you enough space to put a bit of pipe at the top without moving the hepvo down?

Don't think so. Even if there was it's impossible to get in to tighten the compression connectors enough. Might have to go with a standard trap and adhesive sealant for the joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hepvo valve - will it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock