Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help to buid my portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog

Gas Engineer
I have just finished my 4 Week NICEIC Gas Training coarse at Access Training Wales, Paid for my work placement £1000.00 But still waiting for them to contact me. As i need to do my Work Portfolio then i sit my ACS Exams, I live in Barry, South Glamorgan. Is there any GAS ENGINEERS in this area or Cardiff willing to take me on to do it and I will pay you for your Troubles as
I need to complete this stage ASAP. As I have moved House from N.Wales to Barry to do this Coarse and I have a contract on a rented house for another 4 months and I need to COMPLETE
my Coarse by then.
Bathroom & Kitchen Fitter for 18 Years can do anything, Plumbing, Plastering, Joinery, Tiling, etc etc........
Many Thanks
Paul Wolfe
Tel: 07779335851

how can you do anything in gas in 4 weeks, i defend short courses on here often enough but the bpec gas foundation course is 14 weeks theory and 14 weeks placement, surely that is tight, never mind 4 weeks, the bpec CAT 2 course for time served plumbers to train in gas is 8-10 weeks theory

I have been in the game for 18 years and I have studied very hard for my gas, You can ask me anything......if you ever need any advice,
I need positive people not negative....seen plenty of GAS SAFE ENGINEERS in my time and MANY Bad ones too..
you get the good ones, The bad ones fall into bad habits. Yes I would agree with your comment,
if you have never done anything like this before, but like I said been in the trade for 18 years........
Many Thanks for your support in some one NEW, to this site.

my oven turns on then goes out, whats wrong with it

I have just finished my 4 Week NICEIC Gas Training coarse at Access Training Wales, Paid for my work placement £1000.00 But still waiting for them to contact me. As i need to do my Work Portfolio then i sit my ACS Exams, I live in Barry, South Glamorgan. Is there any GAS ENGINEERS in this area or Cardiff willing to take me on to do it and I will pay you for your Troubles as
I need to complete this stage ASAP. As I have moved House from N.Wales to Barry to do this Coarse and I have a contract on a rented house for another 4 months and I need to COMPLETE
my Coarse by then.
Bathroom & Kitchen Fitter for 18 Years can do anything, Plumbing, Plastering, Joinery, Tiling, etc etc........
Many Thanks
Paul Wolfe
Tel: 07779335851

as you have mentioned you have paid £1000 for your placement i hope you dont mind me asking how much your course was in total, bpec do a CAT 2 course for about £1500-2500 depending what centre you go to, and some places sort a placement of ryou for that price, prob too late as you have paid them, but you might have had better luck offering a firm £1k to take you on placement, what kind of volume are you expected to do to complete the protfolio? the bpec course is around 14 weeks for both training and portfolio but can be shortened depending on individuals experience and skills
cheers

but its electric

Yes, but we do that too and much,much more,
Footings, Yes.
Drains, Yes.
Bricklaying, Yes.
Joinery, Yes.
Plumbing, Yes
Electrics, Yes.
Dry lining, Yes.
Plastering, Yes.
Wall & floor tiling, Yes.
Roofing, Yes.
Double Glazing, Yes.
Driveways, Yes

GAS COMING SOON, But use other Fitters at the moment but very good prices..............
Thats all folks

And I forgot
I LOVE CAR MECHANIC'S and BUILT MANY CARS FROM SCRATCH..............with FULL ENGINE REBUILDS

Footings, Yes.
Drains, Yes.
Bricklaying, Yes.
Joinery, Yes.
Plumbing, Yes
Electrics, Yes.
Dry lining, Yes.
Plastering, Yes.
Roofing, Yes.
Double Glazing, Yes.
Driveways, Yes

GAS COMING SOON, But use other Fitters at the moment but very good prices..............
Thats all folks

what is it they say Jack of all trades, master of none, haha
if you are to survive on here you need to draw your horns in a bit, we all (ok most of us) enjoy helping others but more importantly learning something everytime we log in, you on the other hand want someone to take you on to build your portfolio but offer nothing but abuse that aint gonna endear you to many on here, but with your skill and experience you wont need duffers like us for long, you are obviuosly destined for great things, i mean its great business sense to PAY £1000 for the chance to go and work for free, our placements are sorted for free if someone needs them as the contractors we have on board want to help someone get on a bit and they also want the free labour and the free 14 week job interview from the candidate,
take a chill pill life is stressful enough without you resorting to personal abuse

Footings, Yes.
Drains, Yes.
Bricklaying, Yes.
Joinery, Yes.
Plumbing, Yes
Electrics, Yes.
Dry lining, Yes.
Plastering, Yes.
Roofing, Yes.
Double Glazing, Yes.
Driveways, Yes

Thats all folks

you must know everyone in cardiff and you cant get a placement sorted, surely your cv would have every firm chapping at your door, not sure if Carillion still have a presence in cardiff, im sure ive been to an office there, it was years ago and i cant tell the difference between some towns, but if they are still there you should try them as they were well into the gas foundation scheme when i was the Scottish Gas Manager so its possible they would assist as part of their foreign aid programme to poorer parts of the world

Just read the thread and laughed to be honest im surprised you got as much help as you have upto now ! Be nice and be calm im with kirkgas people come on here because they want to and like to learn spmthing new they dont need to deal with the abuse your putting out ! You told everybody you where a kitchen and bathroom fitter they replied and then u snapped saying youve been doing plumbing for years but you dIdnt say that before ! Lets face it fitting iso valves and fitting a tap isnt all you need to be competent in plumbing ! You may well be the compression king but gas is a different subject and one that cant and shouldnt be rushed ! Are you confident in all the people that are on your course ?

you must know everyone in cardiff and you cant get a placement sorted, surely your cv would have every firm chapping at your door, not sure if Carillion still have a presence in cardiff, im sure ive been to an office there, it was years ago and i cant tell the difference between some towns, but if they are still there you should try them as they were well into the gas foundation scheme when i was the Scottish Gas Manager so its possible they would assist as part of their foreign aid programme to poorer parts of the world

I only moved to cardiff 8 weeks ago from Mold N.Wales and moved into a rented house for six months to do my Gas down here,
As this was the best place to do it. If I had stayed up north would not have be a problem to get the placement done,
but I was promised a placement and paid for it when I had booked the coarse at Access Training Wales.
They have now placed me this week and I started on monday,
worked, 14hrs Monday, 15hrs Tuesday, 13hrs Wednesday, 10hrs Today Thursday.
I have done 10 Jobs, up to now and I'am loving it... even though I've put some hrs in,
Done a variety of Jobs Which will help build my portfolio,
I have been placed with a Great Engineer who is helping me so much and a joy to work with.

For the record, to some comments above I'am a perfectionist at what I do and I resent the comment,
Jack of all trades and a master of none.
I have done many, many homes in my 18 years and if anyone needs anything doing from my list above I can prove
beyond any shadow of doubt what I can do. To a very High standard.
Even though this maybe a joke,
How is it that I get a Warning from this site for biting back to some comments from experienced fitters who say they want to help new fitters etc,
I would like to say sorry to anyone who has been offended with some of my comments,
My dog fangs have now been put away for good, just want to get through my Gas coarse and my ACS exam and become a Top Gas Engineer.
Kind Regards to all
Paul Wolfe
(topdog).

Last edited by a moderator:
I only moved to cardiff 8 weeks ago from Mold N.Wales and moved into a rented house for six months to do my Gas down here,
As this was the best place to do it. If I had stayed up north would not have be a problem to get the placement done,
but I was promised a placement and paid for it when I had booked the coarse at Access Training Wales.
They have now placed me this week and I started on monday,
worked, 14hrs Monday, 15hrs Tuesday, 13hrs Wednesday, 10hrs Today Thursday.
I have done 10 Jobs, up to now and I'am loving it... even though I've put some hrs in,
Done a variety of Jobs Which will help build my portfolio,
I have been placed with a Great Engineer who is helping me so much and a joy to work with.

For the record, to some comments above I'am a perfectionist at what I do and I resent the comment,
Jack of all trades and a master of none.
I have done many, many homes in my 18 years and if anyone needs anything doing from my list above I can prove
beyond any shadow of doubt what I can do. To a very High standard.
Even though this maybe a joke,
How is it that I get a Warning from this site for biting back to some comments from experienced fitters who say they want to help new fitters etc,
I would like to say sorry to anyone who has been offended with some of my comments,
My dog fangs have now been put away for good, just want to get through my Gas coarse and my ACS exam and become a Top Gas Engineer.
Kind Regards to all
Paul Wolfe
(topdog).

biting back isnt a problem, but you honestly seemed to be getting your revenge in first, and you made it so easy to put the boot into you with your perceived arrogance, i think 99% of us on here like a laugh and a joke and are happy to rip into each other but it is done for a joke and respectfully, when (not if) i make a mistake on here everyone queues up to skelp me and thats fine cause i have been known to have the odd dig myself, i do plumbing, gas, some electrics and some joinery to a reasonable level but dont feel the need to profess how brilliant i am at it all, cause to be honest it gets on everyones wick, it is annoying for someone who is atradesman in ONE trade to listen to a comment like yours listing everything you can do and by your own account brilliantly while the rest of us mere mortals struggle to be good at one, but fair play lets all just say hello to you and lets all get on cause to be honest i have neither the time nor energy to fight with people, its a laugh we need
PS to finish, haha, if you profess to be a perfectionist, use a spellchecker cause honestly you will get pelters on here for saying it then posting a lot of typos, good luck with the gas and keep asking the questions and also answering the ones you know
cheers

biting back isnt a problem, but you honestly seemed to be getting your revenge in first, and you made it so easy to put the boot into you with your perceived arrogance, i think 99% of us on here like a laugh and a joke and are happy to rip into each other but it is done for a joke and respectfully, when (not if) i make a mistake on here everyone queues up to skelp me and thats fine cause i have been known to have the odd dig myself, i do plumbing, gas, some electrics and some joinery to a reasonable level but dont feel the need to profess how brilliant i am at it all, cause to be honest it gets on everyones wick, it is annoying for someone who is atradesman in ONE trade to listen to a comment like yours listing everything you can do and by your own account brilliantly while the rest of us mere mortals struggle to be good at one, but fair play lets all just say hello to you and lets all get on cause to be honest i have neither the time nor energy to fight with people, its a laugh we need
PS to finish, haha, if you profess to be a perfectionist, use a spellchecker cause honestly you will get pelters on here for saying it then posting a lot of typos, good luck with the gas and keep asking the questions and also answering the ones you know
cheers

I agree with what you say, Life is to short and I would like to say Hello back.

with that list of skills im sure youll need a big van and a good sign writer thats assuming your not building the vanin a welsh cave at night and youll do your own signwritting

with that list of skills im sure youll need a big van and a good sign writer thats assuming your not building the vanin a welsh cave at night and youll do your own signwritting

I got to laugh, because before I got into the building trade I ran a printing company called Graphic Four, Designers & Lithographic Printers, Based in Chester for 10 years until I got divorced and Computers came into homes and it killed the print industry thats how I got into the Building Trade.

I'am not biting back Its the truth thats why I had to laugh.

I got to laugh, because before I got into the building trade I ran a printing company called Graphic Four, Designers & Lithographic Printers, Based in Chester for 10 years until I got divorced and Computers came into homes and it killed the print industry thats how I got into the Building Trade.

I'am not biting back Its the truth thats why I had to laugh.

brilliant

Changed a gas valve on a Worcester 30cdi today
and did my first Fan Bearing Plate change, needed to be changed as their was a small split in the rubber flap.
and also adjusted air/gas ratio.
Its a great feeling to repair something thats broken down and get it running again.
Very Happy Customer
Great afternoon

Nice to see that you got someone to work with, hope everything goes to plan.

2 questions,

1. if you can do so much, how come you can't spell course?
2. why did you go for the gas course without a job placement, surely this is a waste of money if you cant get a job placement

2 questions,

1. if you can do so much, how come you can't spell course?
2. why did you go for the gas course without a job placement, surely this is a waste of money if you cant get a job placement

1. Great, You have found something I cannot do....Its so easy to do a spell check on my imac

2.Have you read the above....I did pay for the placement....... & they have found a placement if you read above it tells you.

3 Moved to Cardiff for a new life as well as doing my gas,
I have had a BAD one......Lots of deaths in my family.......
My wife and I needed a fresh start and at 48 I need one....
But you would not understand, especially with your questions above.
topdog
Trainee Gas Engineer

was thinking about this post earlier, (sad I know) but if you are that good, why not concentrate on making money out of what you are good at, rather then struggling doing something you aren't good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help to buid my portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for a placement to complete my gas portfolio currently have some evidence but only managing to get the odd day from one moth to the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
My name is Ed. I'm 28 and a trainee gas engineer from Norwich. I'm reaching out and looking for a mentor. I'm currently doing a MLP course. Before...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I am looking for an engineer to help me complete my portfolio. It is mostly completed , I just need to do some flue flow + spillage...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock