Search the forum,

Discuss Trainee Needing work experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My name is Ed. I'm 28 and a trainee gas engineer from Norwich. I'm reaching out and looking for a mentor. I'm currently doing a MLP course.
Before I take my exams and do my ACS I need to build up a portfolio of work off premises and in real peoples homes.
I need to go out with an engineer where i can complete, 5 boiler installs, 5 boiler services in the company of a qualified gas engineer
who can sign off on my work. My portfolio includes me doing these services and installs with pictures getting taken of me.

I have already done some portfolio work with a national company so i know what i am doing when it comes to installing and servicing, but they have had to let me go for the time being because of the ongoing pandemic, I can drive and travel all around East Anglia. I am someone who is always punctual. I can even pick up parts for you, fetch and carry.

I will get public liability insurance if your type of cover doesn't cover this if needed too.
I would be grateful for the opportunity to have any of you as my mentor.

Please reply if you can help me with this.

Kind regards,

Ed

Hi Ed

Thanks for joining, are you enjoying the work so far?

I have moved this thread to looking for work/experience.

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Hi Ed, you could try Gasway in Norwich but I`d leave it until next year now, in the meantime format a letter which is better than a phone call and search for the persons name to address the letter to rather than Dear Sir

Hi Ed, you could try Gasway in Norwich but I`d leave it until next year now, in the meantime format a letter which is better than a phone call and search for the persons name to address the letter to rather than Dear Sir
Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i emailed but no luck they have to many apprentices already, over 80 emails and calls later still no luck, thanks for your reply.

Reply to Trainee Needing work experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
Any Gas Engineer available to take me on as a trainee, live close by whitechapel, I am a quick learner just need someone to teach me the ropes/ Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to jobs. I would be happy to observe and support where possible. I am now working towards completing and submitting my portfolio. I understand that this...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a career change, currently working as a Mechanical Design engineer and have done so for the past 10 years, I'm now 27 years old and looking for a trainee/plumbers mate role while I obtain the required qualifications. I have designed and fully fitted out a bathroom and two...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock