Search the forum,

Discuss Help please - LOUD thumping/banging noise coming from boiler pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

For quite some time I have noticed loud thumping and banging noises coming from the boiler.

Before I have a professional to come and have a look at it. I was wondering if you guys could tell me the cause of the noise as shown in the video by following the link below.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPX6CwV6M4s

I suspect its trapped air and the radiators may need bleeding ?

Much thanks for the help.

Boilers only make noises like that when there is an over heating issue.

What is causing the boiler to over heat?
Generally something restricting the flow of water through the boiler.

As for what that can be....numerous parts of the system.

It gets quite involved after that

Reply to Help please - LOUD thumping/banging noise coming from boiler pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock