Search the forum,

Discuss Help changing hot water cylinder.... Advise welcomed :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redcuckoo

Hi,

Im looking to change the indirect hot water cylinder in the loft from a 900 x 375 to a 1500 x 450. Reason being is ive had enough of the mrs's complaining the hot water keeps running out when she uses the power shower!!!! Is there anything i need to be aware of when making the change from 1 size to another?? Im thinking its quite a straight forward job but any advise would be greatly appreciated

Whats your skill level ? Pretty straigh swap if its like for like with the only difference being size. Few minor pipework adjustments

Im not a qualified plumber but i do my own plumbing jobs around the house, i normally do all soldered joints where possible so dont think altering any pipework will be a problem. Just wondered if there was anything more technical, such as with the water being gravity feed into the cylinder from a cold water tank, does the new cylinder need to be a certain distance away from the tank etc???I do need to move the position of the cylinder also as the old one is close to the slope of the roof and with the new one being taller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure it's below the level of cold water tank or it won't fill. Apart from that knock yourself out

If its an unvented cylinder (no vent pipe going back over the cold water storage cistern) you must have the G3 qualification to do anything with it and its notifiable to the local council.

If not, you can do it yourself. However, be aware that you are doubling the weight of water to over 2/3 of a ton. Are you sure the joists and support platform can take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help changing hot water cylinder.... Advise welcomed :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock