Discuss help applying for British Gas Contract work! what do they look for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Sale

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am applying for British gas Contract work, what do they look for if you get past an application stage. Can some of you give us some tips that have been through the process.

Cheers

Rob

I thought they had stopped using sub-contractors and kept everything in house? The only time BG contacts me is when their own engineers are about to go on strike...

i do install work for SG my understanding is that they only subby install work to approved contractors now, i.e big firms with offices and H&S, so I'm a subby to a subby :p Install work is OK granted you dont get a suprise inspection, where they take about 2 hours out of your job quizzing you on technical stuff gas, electrical and safety related. Also it can take a while for you to get your "number" this is so they can score points against you for health and safety breaches, once you reach your maximum your off the contract or sent for more training.

They can be a pain in the arse that way but most big firms are when it comes to H&S

i do install work for SG my understanding is that they only subby install work to approved contractors now, i.e big firms with offices and H&S, so I'm a subby to a subby :p Install work is OK granted you dont get a suprise inspection, where they take about 2 hours out of your job quizzing you on technical stuff gas, electrical and safety related. Also it can take a while for you to get your "number" this is so they can score points against you for health and safety breaches, once you reach your maximum your off the contract or sent for more training.

They can be a pain in the arse that way but most big firms are when it comes to H&S

It's a service and repair contractor; their advertising on it on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help applying for British Gas Contract work! what do they look for? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
I run a small plumbing and heating company. I am looking for a commercial gas engineer to help out with a few call outs, servicing, safety checks...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Back