Search the forum,

Discuss Heatrae Sadia Megaflo alternative. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I’ve got a 250i unvented HW cylinder on back order for 10 weeks and it doesn’t look like I’m getting it anytime soon. Looking for recommendations on good alternatives. I’ve a new EcoFit pure system just fitted and am keen on Vaillant storage cylinders, but my plumbers recommended EverFlo; not sure how good they are? I’m keen on Gledhill also, are these any good?

Hi all. I’ve got a 250i unvented HW cylinder on back order for 10 weeks and it doesn’t look like I’m getting it anytime soon. Looking for recommendations on good alternatives. I’ve a new EcoFit pure system just fitted and am keen on Vaillant storage cylinders, but my plumbers recommended EverFlo; not sure how good they are? I’m keen on Gledhill also, are these any good?
There's a search box at the top right of this page. Type the various brands you are considering into that one at a time to find loads of opinions about alternatives.

Vaillant or Gledhill are good. If you have the Vaillant boiler either will do the job but if you plan on using Vaillant controls, go with that in my opinion.

Just to throw a spanner in. Vaillant make a cylinder with two coils called an aurostor. It is designed to be used on solar systems and is available in 200 litre or 250 litre (plus more) sizes. Here is a link.
It may be a good idea to future proof your installation? Just a thought.

They are very efficient and re-heat times are excellent.

Telford Tempest we use a fair bit.

OSO haven't used in a while but hear good things.

Santon is made by Heatrae Sadia and their budget range, also the Plumb Centre branded Unventeds are the same.

I'd stay away from Gledhill.

The problem I also have is the depth of the unit. Im putting it in a bathroom where previously there was a boiler ( moved to kitchen) so I need to keep the unit under 600mm depth. Factoring in the EV will also take a bit of space but I guess this can be plumbed in above the unit right?

I presume you are aware that this must be fitted by a G3 registered plumber, these questions are all something they will take care of - a quick chat to them will resolve all of this.

This must be fitted by a G3 registered plumber. ever seen one go bang??
if not then look it up, its a bomb! get it fitted by a G3 as above.

Reply to Heatrae Sadia Megaflo alternative. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock