Discuss health and saftey exam questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stopcock

hi - ive just started the 6129 Plumbing Technical Certificate Plumbing Level 2..soon we are going to have our first exam in health and saftey...ive done some practice questions at college...has anyone got any sample questions or where i can practice these types of questions at home rather then at college ? thanks

Check on amazon for the JTL range of plumbing books. excellent books and the revision book gives loads of sample questions.

from what i remember, the sort of questions asks for details on

building regs
coshh etc
working at heights
tool maintenance and safety
electrical safety
a bit on first aid
PPE personal protective equipment
working in trenches etc

thats all i can think of. i'll try n post up the questions from the book tomorrow matey, its time for survivors on BBC1 now ;))

Check on amazon for the JTL range of plumbing books. excellent books and the revision book gives loads of sample questions.

from what i remember, the sort of questions asks for details on

building regs
coshh etc
working at heights
tool maintenance and safety
electrical safety
a bit on first aid
PPE personal protective equipment
working in trenches etc

thats all i can think of. i'll try n post up the questions from the book tomorrow matey, its time for survivors on BBC1 now ;))
thanks mate....i did notice that all those subjects were covered..ill c if i can find the revision book..;)

Just read up.

The JLC book is good but the new online exams ask a range of questions that are not in any books, they are hard and use a lot of plumbing sense.

I have passed the first 3 at college first time but the processes I passed by 1 question.

Try this: -

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.learnatrade.co.uk%2F"]Learnatrade.co.uk[/DLMURL]

those questions are to basic and outdated, I have used it and when I had my exams the stuff I had learned from it was useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
those questions are to basic and outdated, I have used it and when I had my exams the stuff I had learned from it was useless.

Seriously!

I'm surprised to hear that. When I did my exams, more than 50% of the questions, that were on the exam were on the CD.

Seriously!

I'm surprised to hear that. When I did my exams, more than 50% of the questions, that were on the exam were on the CD.

Yeah, I am doing the G&G 6129 and the exams are online now and they can choose loads of questions from random and only 1 or 2 that are on the learnatrade have appeared on the exams I have done.

I see!

I did mine when it was still paper based and most of the questions were exactly the same.
I'm glad it's changed now because their were some people that didn't attend any lessons, just went through the CD and managed to pass.

The Questions have been the same for some 30 years, C&G just has to rewrite them each year to make it different.

The main body of the Learn a Trade DVD is very helpful, especially the Gola one, and i have found none of it to be out of date.

Best bet though is to revise the JTL book, the Treloar Book and perhaps the Muscroft book.

The theory exams are really simple, I did the Health and Safety with no revision, it's just common sense. You'll do fine :)

Just make sure you don't concerntrate too hard on the question, bullit point the main parts and scrap the bumpth they have written to pack the question out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to health and saftey exam questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock