Discuss Have hot water, but no heating - HELP!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wenger

I have, for my sins, an Ideal Isar HE30. It has an intermittent fault where the heating won't kick in. Water is absolutely fine. Haver tried re-setting, fiddling with the room thermostat, pressing advance timer...but nothing. No fault code displays.

This has happened a few times and just seems to come on later in the day and works again fine for a few days/weeks, then the fault re-appears for no apparent reason. I called the engineer out last time, but by the time he arrived the next day, it was working and he couldn't find the fault. He replaced the room thermostat just in case. Typically, It works fine for a few days, then in the morning it doesn't kick it, but then kicks in later, untriggered by the timer. It turned off yesterday evening before it should have and didn't kick in again this morning. Really weird.

In the past few months have had a new heat exchanger, pcb and pump plus other bits and is practically a new boiler other than the casing. Only thing hasn't been replaced is the timer!

Any ideas?

*Sat 25 Jan... Heating kicked in about an hour ago (6pm), for about an hour only. Turned itself off, not timer - timer says it should still be on.

** Sun 26th Jan... Came on this morning 7am, had it on 'once' - turned itself off at 11am.

Yeh u need an engineer who can divert his attention from replacing parts and identify the actual issues.

get an engineer to loop out the external controlls as a fist step so you can decide if its those or the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Have hot water, but no heating - HELP!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock