Search the forum,

Discuss GSC Related Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It's my understanding that when doing a GSC on a hob, the isolation valve MUST be accessible and if not it would deem the appliance AR.

Now when they say accessible, does accessible include having to take out the electric oven underneath it to access the isolation valve?????

I've been told GSC's can be down to interpretation.. I would interpret this as inaccessible as you have to remove screws and an oven in order to access it - hardly accessible. However, the ECV at the meter is just outside the property. But in my opinion this shouldn't negate the fact the isolation valve for the hob is inaccessible.

Could do with some clarification on this from the experienced ones ;)

Cheers and HAPPY EASTER!!!! :)

The ECV sould be readily accessible. Hob valve needs to be easily accessible.

21030d1424869671-positive-negative-pressure-boilers-gasmanrob2.jpg
:smile:

Last edited:
At the same time, if one hasn't got the gas meter box key - that wouldn't be an easy access! :smile:

Last edited:
So before I moved into my flat, their plumber did a GSC and passed the hob, even though the isolation valve for it is behind the cooker and not easily accessible.

Is this general practise to pass stuff like this or am I just being a hitler about it?

So it really is down to interpretation then...

If one has to take a few screws out - it's accessible.

Last edited:
Fair enough, cheers Alex, much appreciated

If the hob had a gas leak on it you would isolate at either the ECV or if in a flat the AECV. The isolation valve under the hob is for local isolation of the hob to Carryout maintenance and repair.

If the hob had a gas leak on it you would isolate at either the ECV or if in a flat the AECV. The isolation valve under the hob is for local isolation of the hob to Carryout maintenance and repair.

Makes sense. Cheers ch4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GSC Related Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock