Discuss Grundfos circulator's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Armo74

Hello,

Could anybody please tell me what the digits 15/50 and 15/60 mean on these pumps.

Thank's.

Thanks for that, does the head mean the height of the f/e tank to where the pump is positioned? So the 15/60 is for pumps that have to be positioned lower down from the f/e tank?

Thanks for that, does the head mean the height of the f/e tank to where the pump is positioned? So the 15/60 is for pumps that have to be positioned lower down from the f/e tank?

not sure i think it means it will pump up 6 meters from where the pump is positioned perhaps someone could put us right ?

It means it will pump against, up to 6 metres head properly (if 6m pump) & will not be as effective after that.
A 6m pump will also be better at pumping around restrictive rads or microbore pipes. Think of it as having more torque than a 5m pump.

The 6m means it will pump up 6 metres or push water the equivalent of 6 meters head of resistance. A straight pipe for instance has say 1m head resistance but add 2-90% elbows which each have the equivalent of .5m head each and it adds another 1m to the resistance. Making the pipe equal to 2m resistance. It means head has nothing to do with height really its just the way they measure resistance.

15-model type 5o- 5 meter pumping head =1550
15-ditto 60- 6 meter pumping head=1560

Thank's for the replies, Would i be right in saying then that a 15/50 pump which would pump upto 5m worth of head, which would also be the equivalent of 0.5 bar in pressure? Or am i totally off the mark?

Thankyou.

So i take it then a 15/50 pump will deliver 0.5 bar of pressure against the pipeworks resistance on it's highest setting? sorry for repeating just wanted to be sure.

Mate, google the Grundfos eCademy and get yourself registered, shedloads of info there.

(And some freebies! :rockon2:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos circulator's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have just had my 15year old Grundfos UPS 15 50 replaced with an Alpha 1 and the Alpha 1 seems quite a bit noisier than the the old one, I...
Replies
Views
C
Hi everyone, My flat is located next to a communal boiler with a hot water circulator pump ( Grundfos UPS 15-50N Secondary Hot Water Circulator...
Replies
Views
ChristineLondon
C
Hi Guys, Got a knackered Grundfos UPS 15-60 130. Have a replacement Grundfos UPS3 15-50/65 130. Is the UPS3 pump head compatible with the UPS...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Grundfos SoloLift2 WC1 on a toilet and since a few months the impeller keeps getting stuck. I was quite happy to...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock