Search the forum,

Discuss Grim job on a Friday - any nasties for you this week . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had to swap out a rad on a rental I did in 2014 problem is caused by urine I would guess no toilet seat and obviously a bad shot , new seat fitted hoping they may sit down now :confused::confused: . kop

IMG_20190314_161347.jpg

IMG_20190315_134615.jpg

Ha ha ...that is the kind of job you want to do while being lowered into the room on cables like Tom cruise so you don't have to kneel on the wee'y floor.. oh god!

You think that is bad?!

I was thinking it looked pretty clean, given the circumstance. Although if the carpet squelches, it is time for the plastic sheeting :)

I am now annoyed that I recently deleted a certain photo that I took in a void. The meter changer refused to enter, until cleaners had been.

Watch this space. I will be back;)

I hate the yellow soup that collects around the hinges on seats, I have to wipe it off.
I know a good customer of mine has been told by his wife to wee in the basin and brush it clean rather than wee all over the cistern and wall.

I hate the yellow soup that collects around the hinges on seats, I have to wipe it off.
I know a good customer of mine has been told by his wife to wee in the basin and brush it clean rather than wee all over the cistern and wall.
o_OJeez. What is good about him? When I have to work in a bathroom, I touch the minimum possible. No way am I going to do their cleaning:confused::).

I have to replace repair, occasionally, taps. If I get a tap job, or if I think I may have to go into a bathroom for radiators etc, I always put disposable gloves on BEFORE knocking on the door. Every time. It would seem rude to leave the house and come back wearing gloves :),

I use a lot of gloves : I should probably work in an office. :)

Looks worse than it actually was the flooring was vinyl so no squelching just dirty bar stewards, hinges were stuck solid and as Phil said nice ring of yellow soup p--- to scrape off , wouldn't normally bother with this but the landlord is my father in laws sister so made an exception then the cheeky cow moaned when I invoiced her new rad , new toilet seat , replaced the extract fan 2 vists , ÂŁ220 ffs cheap as chips I thought :rolleyes::rolleyes: kop

Looks worse than it actually was the flooring was vinyl so no squelching just dirty bar stewards, hinges were stuck solid and as Phil said nice ring of yellow soup p--- to scrape off , wouldn't normally bother with this but the landlord is my father in laws sister so made an exception then the cheeky cow moaned when I invoiced her new rad , new toilet seat , replaced the extract fan 2 vists , ÂŁ220 ffs cheap as chips I thought :rolleyes::rolleyes: kop

Yea but your family here’s £50 and we’re call it square :D

Gets better than that she now wants the invoices for the gear to put towards her tax expense not close family to me so swivel lady . Ha ha kop

The Landlords all do expect proper invoice for anything, even a fivers worth, so they can claim against expenses. I just give them an invoice every time.
The greedy landlords are what I despise - the type that want all the profit from the rent, but with bare minimum repairs and on the cheap.

we all are a lot wiser in hindsight if you decide to do any more work for her quote full rates etc and get her to have the place cleaned before you commence oh and it looks like you left your bahco on the window cill.....regards Turnpin:)

You think that is bad?!

I was thinking it looked pretty clean, given the circumstance. Although if the carpet squelches, it is time for the plastic sheeting :)

I am now annoyed that I recently deleted a certain photo that I took in a void. The meter changer refused to enter, until cleaners had been.

Watch this space. I will be back;)
Had to swap out a rad on a rental I did in 2014 problem is caused by urine I would guess no toilet seat and obviously a bad shot , new seat fitted hoping they may sit down now :confused::confused: . kop

And the bad news, if you are reading this at breakfast, I found the photo I thought was deleted.

rg59w4eiZopzlStEMLmNLI9yX1l_dtsVTBvnrCCvOgyh5mQqKuNnsucoPZpUcFB-RMBaL4NBBfSCgGBUIHWmx7rahX7sQW5z7HK4hGKYD4cAa9gTMBCTm3qT6Qkp_WNdaxvSYO79SfDPb0rYr0FHPxaPoLx8wOibl3jnHu7vetwWaMkmg_wzi561gVPKWtt_5vcuWbfDlY8Si05kM-6pgobrmnqI7N-a2P2U8NCmAejYC6kGhv-tr77KyKWPeG3ZJA3aEt4kWhohNK_Z16pxLn9nX2dEuXP3jOnjkYR5R4gG-5gmoUBfdjceWBRYOScftBk4M9YddWJCuqTde2Y51J6Pr_cFWeHNZTrUWySTrX2JR3LJDDg9BHQGJeP7U_EsK0URnl7KPJaT0PgSiMVQ3qmBDUt-j0oZ15dIICVBNHHwZgl_xA62Zy9bLJ9zhWXcjNUG1786C6jAJrZuNXJZ94_qhH234si2EHp7LT9nCAwQpuproMIdqzgp_5HlbIOSApI1g0iYovsPlFdig1mGG_c4vnKr4PPqjC3xiUhf-VUaj1qdtzCmy1iSjKcwgDXRCJlKLC5lFgT6hbUW7IIkzD95rDUqWek1OJGIQM7qXGVzMHB_yfcLCBk9g6OgQvEh82icd8KAZ9CTfqIKMK4VgB5JsELs2VQ=w493-h657-no

Last edited:

Reply to Grim job on a Friday - any nasties for you this week . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently had a ground floor bathroom/wet room finished off, It's about 3.6m long by 2.7m wide, tiled from floor to ceiling and has no window in there due to a future extension that will take place on the other side of the rear wall. Unfortunately, i've Instantly noticed when...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock