Discuss Greenstar Heatslave II External combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you want to know / what's your question

We never installed an oil combi and just wondered do they work well and are they worth the money.thank's.

Fitted a couple of the internal versions last year, they are better than the original version, but i prefer the grants myself

I cant stand Worcester oil boilers would rather fit Grant my self. Apart from expansion problems not really had much trouble with them.

I find Worcester a good bit more efficient and reliable. Got the occasional Grant that does lock out on overheat at least once a year with no obvious reason. And the TMVs are in stock at the merchant constantly as well, for some unknown reason ;) .

But in terms of servicing it is only the new Heatslaves that are as easy as a Grant.

Though I would expect a Grant to cope much better with lack of service than a Worcester oil boiler.

That is just my personal opinion / experience.

And which one do you recommend?

I like the Warmflows. Hate Grants and wont fit Worcester due to the poor customer service.

Every engineer is different.

Bottom line is that they are all as good/bad as each other. It's the quality of the install and the ongoing maintenance that ensure a long and happy life for the boiler.

[Snip]
Bottom line is that they are all as good/bad as each other. It's the quality of the install and the ongoing maintenance that ensure a long and happy life for the boiler.
Very much so.

We used to have a very good customer service from Worcester around. But at the moment a lot of smaller firms complain that they get made feel like a begging alien.
I miss the good communication myself. And WB's push into the servicing sector is another point for split opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar Heatslave II External combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi all, Thanks for reading. I just picked up a 2015 greenstar 2 heatslave 18/25 oil boiler to replace my relic from the 80's (still a greenstar...
Replies
Views
Noticed today that the ground looked damp around the outside of our Worcester Bosch Heatslave 25/32 External Boiler. Took the cover off and warm...
Replies
Views
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My mum had a Worcester green Star 4000 fitted on one of those eco grants. A external filter wasn't fitted. Should this have been fitted...
Replies
Views
Back