Discuss Green gunk in shower head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apfelsaft_82

Hello, I am wondering if you can help! We have a square rainfall shower head and there is a green gunk forming where the connection from the arm to the actual shower head is, which is causing the shower to stop working. I understand this may be a build up of limescale etc. but I rigorously clean the shower head itself, I am concerned the residue is coming from the pipe, could this be the case? If so, how do we rectify it? Please see the pictures I have included.

For info, we have an old style immersion tank if this makes any difference. The whole bathroom is virtually brand new but as soon as I unblock it the gunk returns.

IMG_1251.jpgIMG_1252.jpgIMG_1253.jpgIMG_1254.jpgIMG_1255.jpgIMG_1256.jpg

Yes the stuff is quite hard. Do this mean we may need new tank? Is there anyway of temporarily getting rid of it? Thanks!

have a try leave the show head off and run for a good 10 mins on both hot and cold (10 mins for cold , 10 mins for hot)

does any more bits come out?

I'd still check the cold feed tank to check it's not coming from there

Left it running for quite a while. No more bits coming out, then tried putting the shower head back on and it seemed bit better though there is still a slight residue building up. Think I need to get someone to look at it.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green gunk in shower head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock