Discuss Gravity fed combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

europhil

I'm trying to figure out a problem for a guy with solar heating that connects through a cylinder and then to the DHW inlet at his combi.
The warm water from the solar panel is a closed circuit which warms the water in the cylinder through a heat exchanger, the water in the cylinder is static, it warms up, then there is a second heat exchanger that's mains fed to the DHW feed to the combi.
I'm thinking that it would run more efficiently if i fed the combi by gravity using what is static water at the moment, therefore doing away with the second heat exchanger.
i know it looks pretty complicated, so let me ask the simple question.
would the DHW on the combi work ok gravity fed rather than mains fed?
Other than that it'll possibly be an unvented cylinder setup.
i'm looking at all the options, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks.

Are you a plumber?

doesnt sound like it, the set up described sounds reasonably installed and safe and best to leave well alone.

main thing is it sounds like a well set up thermal store whatever the boiler and needs to be left as is imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity fed combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock