Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss glowworm micron black sooting above flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
went to a glowworm micron today, customer said a soot mark had appeared and had never noticed it before.

I took the fan bum out, checked the connection and found the elbow to it just fits over the inner flue. There are no seals or anything. I put some heatproof silicone on the joint were it connects. Ran my annalyser on co room test with appliance running, left probe right near were the soot was. Took a pik on my phone to prove there was nothing atall showing up.

Checked with a mirror to see if it steamed up, nothing.
Checked flame picture, did flue annalysis, all ok.

Should have checked for co prior to sealing flue but I didn't

I have checked over and all checks out, anyway say this appliance was spilling and I had completed these checks, what do you think would happen if it went to court?

you will be picking up the soap mate :)

go back and CO test , or fit co alarm ! 9 out 10 times is a dust

I did check co, just said that i should have done it before I sealed flue, not just after. Nothing showed up, told him to buy co alarm aswell

I fit a new fan in a GW micron a few weeks ago mate and there was definitely a clip with rubber around the flue/fan seal. I remember because it's a fiddly affair with little room to get the clip on.

I took that clip off, its like half a flue piece so when it clips over it clips half of the flue back, there was no seal inside it though? I looked in mi, nothing, phoned supplier, they said there ais no seal in there, the clip is on the outlet of the elbow comming out of the fan, i removed it with fan assembley taken out, was this the bit you reamoved with a rubber seal on because there was drefinitly not a rubber seal on this bit?

yes mate, am sure there was a seal on the inside of the clip. But now you got me doubting myself !! Anyway even if there isn't it sounds like you took the necessary steps to sort the situation out.

I ordered that clip anyway to be on the safe side so it should come with it if there was a seal in there, ill give glowworm a ring to double check, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to glowworm micron black sooting above flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

HI all, finished fitting the above boiler yesterday. Straight swap, side access flue with only the elbow off the boiler. Gas pressure 21mbars on...
Replies
Views
About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello! Hope you're all well. I've read guidance and searched the forums before posting this..... Had our boiler serviced and had a risk notice...
Replies
Views
Please excuse the long story! so, my central heating kept tripping the fuse in the consumer unit. I read that moisture in the boiler could be...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock