Discuss glowworm condensing boiler roars in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gordy28

i have a glowworm 30hxi which is 1yr old, in the past few weeks it as started to make a roaring noise, it doesnt do it all the time but now and again, i have been next to the boiler when it does it, it will be getting up to max temp on the boiler when it will roar and the temp will rise rapidly and the temp stat will shut the boiler down, when the boiler starts again it operates normaly,

Needs to be checked by a Gas Safe engineer with an FGA & experience on these boilers, as the burner seals can be an issue, require changing everytime burner is removed.

this is a right racket having to replace a seal every time the combustion cover is opened as some manufacturers recommend

Needs to be checked by a Gas Safe engineer with an FGA & experience on these boilers, as the burner seals can be an issue, require changing everytime burner is removed.

thanks, will arrange that

this is a right racket having to replace a seal every time the combustion cover is opened as some manufacturers recommend
I agree, but better being safe rather than sorry, with over 1000 degrees of heat escaping

yes i agree but i was reading somewhere that a seal costs £20 odd ,hence it is impossible to go and service a boiler and change the parts needed which would double the price of a service,not a happy customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to glowworm condensing boiler roars in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock