Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Glow worm Ultracom 30cxi Plate Heat ex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlowGas

Hi Everyone,

I'm replacing a plate heat ex for a glow worm 30 cxi tomorrow, I've just had a look at the boiler now and at first glance it seems I'd have to take out the burner assembly etc to do the plate heat ex swap as it's located right at the back.

Is there an obvious easier way that I may clearly missing? Have any of you had experience doing a similar fix?

Your advice and guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's the original cxi then just remove the side panels, remove the two torx 20 screws and giggle it out and remember to fit the new one the right way up........... The hardest part is fishing the 4 washers out of the blocks, a small pick i bought from draper was good for this, no need to remove the burner assembly unless it's got the original door seal fitted (identified by the type of nuts fitted) or if the present graphite seal is approaching five years old then it will require replacing

Don't think it fits out of the left panel, normally use right side or take condense trap out and lift through there.

Each to their own, never ever removed the condensate tho, even change a few through the front without removing the panels..........but hopefully the op will have found his own way by now lol

Hi gents,

Thanks for the advice. I did need to remove the side panels to help undo & redo the screws holding the plate heat ex in place (Which was a nightmare), any tool recommendations to make this easier next time?

As for the plate heat exchanger, I pulled it out through the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm Ultracom 30cxi Plate Heat ex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi...
Replies
Views
K
Hi all, can anyone confirm to me what the difference is between a heatslave 15/19 and 20/25 physically? So the reason for the question is if I...
Replies
Views
Kevin L
K
Hi all, We have an old Glow-worm Fuelsaver MK2 boiler as part of our gravity fed system. The boiler had been making a loud banging sound for a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock