Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Glow Worm spacesaver 60 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sonnagh

Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me, I have a Glow worm spacesaver 60 boiler it provides hot water and services 8 radiators, I have been told that the case for the boiler is damaged therefore making the boiler unsafe! :mad: Would anyone know where I can buy a new case? I have contacted Glow Worm direct they don't make this boiler anymore and told me that I have absolutely no chance of finding one! I'm getting quotes to install a new boiler ( which is the only option if I can't find a case) they are coming in at around £3000! :mad:I would appreciate any help ,Thanks

First questions are:
Who declared it unsafe and in what way is the case damaged?

Hi a pump inside the boiler has been leaking and it dripped onto the casing causing it to rust. I have had 2 people tell me the same thing, first a heating guy from south east gas then a heating company that I have used before and trust. The case is a seal for this type of boiler and so must be intact.Thanks

I would say it sounds like its time or a new boiler I'm afraid. Although I would shop around a bit for a decent price. I'd be amazed if you can find a case for a space saver now.

I wonder if the perforated area could be patch welded.
I recommend that seek advice from the company you trust in this matter. :)

Or alternatively post in this forum for a GSR local to you to take a look.

Hi,
Yes I'm thinking the same thing! The boiler is old about 20 years I think so owes me nothing, its just that it is still working and I could have done without this big expense just now. Thanks for your advice

Hi, no I didn't think of that! I'll look straight away
Thanks

Hi, no I didn't think of that! I'll look straight away
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm spacesaver 60 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me of a boiler equivalent to a Glow worm micron 30ff. I am not sure what one I should get?
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm...
Replies
Views
P
Does anyone know where I can find the decibel rating for the British Gas 330+ boiler? I'm looking to get it replaced and wanted to compare it...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock