Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm 30ci F9 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Burnt my head out this one!

Internal filling loop, Soding out when try to fill.

Fitted new one, couldn't get pressure above 0 bar f9 starts flashing.

Checked on low water pressure sensor with multi, was saying that I've got 2.5 bar of pressure in system when check white and orange wires I think it was to earth.

Drained system an took sensor out that had crap in it and refilled.

Same, f9 and 0 bar.

Now I'm not sure whether by me linking the over heat stat or pushing the manual pin in, the pressure went up then to 0.4 bar, getting somewhere.

Next thing I've got no bloody display on the boiler !! I'd switched off at fuse spur and thought it had took the board out.

Eventually got it back on after speaking with glow worm, not sure how we got it on but it come back on eventually.

Now when I try to fire boiler, it gets to ignition but literally cuts dead on the 3rd ignition attemp and goes to f9 again, doesn't attempt at any stage to light again.

I'm just seeing if anyone has had any issues similar with low water pressure sensors ?

If it's the board it's not worth me getting involved, it's cheaper for glow to fix.

Thanks

I’d go with the sensor mate it senses the system pressure an also looks for slight rise in pressure when the pump kicks in (think around 0.2-0.3 of bar) never had much luck trying to clean them out.

I’d go with the sensor mate it senses the system pressure an also looks for slight rise in pressure when the pump kicks in (think around 0.2-0.3 of bar) never had much luck trying to clean them out.

With me linking the ohstat out, I managed to get pressure to over 1 bar but boiler wouldnt fire.

The thing that's got me concerned with board is, it went off and couldn't get back on again ? Glow worm had me disconnecting bits on board and they had me checking DC voltage at j13. I was getting like 5 - 7 DC it should of been 13 - 16 dc.

Sorry just re read properly where you said you linked OH stat out,f9 can relate to overheat or water pressure sensor failure I think depending if it’s an older style pcb. Just looked at MI’s yeh the J13 is the checking between the main pcb an user interface,I take back my previous comment does look more likely to be pcb :(

Sorry just re read properly where you said you linked OH stat out,f9 can relate to overheat or water pressure sensor failure I think depending if it’s an older style pcb. Just looked at MI’s yeh the J13 is the checking between the main pcb an user interface,I take back my previous comment does look more likely to be pcb :(

Ive spent that much time messing with it today that I want to sort it.

The PCB is putting me off though!

I've left it with the landlord, basically said if I fit new pressure sensor, oh stat and forgot to mention prv and everything stats working then using me works out better, glow worm would cost her.

If I have to fit a board it's cheaper using glow worm, let her decide.

i would suspect the main or user interface board fault , i would also check the sequence with the low voltage plugs disconnected one at a time also handy when you have no display as normally its the low voltage components that causes that . you should also be doing continuity checks on the harness connected to th pressure sensor and other low voltage side as well

i would suspect the main or user interface board fault , i would also check the sequence with the low voltage plugs disconnected one at a time also handy when you have no display as normally its the low voltage components that causes that . you should also be doing continuity checks on the harness connected to th pressure sensor and other low voltage side as well

Cheers

Im going to spend an hour on it before ordering PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm 30ci F9 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm horizontal flue right? I mean when a bg gas engineer tells you that you'll have to change the whole boiler as well because you can apparently no longer...
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock