Discuss Gas rate app in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine works good enough for me. Probably a BG engineer failed internal audit and blamed his iphone LOL.

Or B.G not liking the fact that something without a Britsh Gas logo and overinflated price tag is being used on one of their jobs.

when the bg app comes out it will abort the test halfway and demand the system is powerflushed and a co detector fitted before you get the answer

To be fair to them you can't blame them if they don't want their blokes to use it. The laptop has a programme to do it for you. So if they want all their blokes to use that then everyone's gas rate will be as per their own programme and everything confirms to what they want.

If their has been known discrepancies on the iPhone app then you can't blame anyone fr not wanting to use it, especially a firm the size of BG. If they made a mistake using this app then coud you imagine the uproar, so they've banned it and their till getting stick. They can't win either way really.

I personally don't this app I use a calculator. I was toying with paying for the app but this post would be enough for me not to bother.

Last edited:
The calculations will vary region to region according to the calorific value of the gas. Unless you know and use that in your calcs you are working to an approximation.

The calculations will vary region to region according to the calorific value of the gas. Unless you know and use that in your calcs you are working to an approximation.

I was thinking same, how many check bills for correct CV?

No mention of checking the cv of the gas in any text book or reg I have seen. The difference is probably that minimal it has no affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas rate app in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock