Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Fire install paperwork? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

solutions

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone amongst regular gas fire installers tell me what the paperwork requirement for a new gas fire install is? Does gas safe (building control) need to be notified? is any kind of certificate issued?
If not is there a consensus as to best practice with regards to documentation left with the customer to prove a correct and checked install?

Any gas appliance registered with GSR will produce a cert for the customer.

CORGIdirect Chimney/Flue/Fireplace and Hearth Commissioning Record - CP3FORM | CORGIdirect 1 Chimney/flue hearth commissioning form, required to satisfy Part J building Regulations.

Thanks reg man. Was servicing a Dru (manu) fire for a customer but struggled as it was not installed properly making it almost impossible to service. It was installed by some cowboy out of Luton. The Customer has been left with nothing but the instruction book. No guarantee no receipt nothing. I was sure they should have had some proof of proper commissioning just didnt know what. I will let them know. They are going to persue the thieves through gas safe and cowboy builders I think.

Good luck to your customer. Luton Cowboy's? slippery as they come.

tbh id do nowt, fit the fire correctly and give them a gas safe cert if they want one. You are not the orignal installer afterall, you cant really make the situation better than refitting it correctly for them and bagging the annual service on it.

tbh id do nowt, fit the fire correctly and give them a gas safe cert if they want one. You are not the orignal installer afterall, you cant really make the situation better than refitting it correctly for them and bagging the annual service on it.

I agree however its inbuilt with a sand stone/limestone mantel which would all have to come out to install properly per mi's its only just a year old. I dont want to take it on could be costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Fire install paperwork? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock