Discuss Gaining contract work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_the_plumber

Gas Engineer
Hello all.

I'm a plumber and gas engineer. I pick up work on a day to day basis. However I'm looking to pick up more contract work. I'd like to do more servicing, landlord certs as well as insurance work and guarantee work.
The problem I've got is that I have very little idea of how to gain this work. I just wondered if anyone wouldn't mind sharing their experience with me? How should I go about winning this work?

Thanks very much...Dan :)

You could go into your local solicitors and estate agents and give them your business cards as some of them will act as letting agents so will need servicing and maintanance. I do work for a solicitor and part of the firm handles property n it works out around 50 properties to maintain .

Thanks Kris. I've been to most estate agents and have had some success there, although it's just one property at a time at the moment.
I've not tried solicitors firms though. Do you think it's just the ones that handle conveyancing?

thanks a lot...Dan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gaining contract work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock