Discuss Fuel Cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondered if anyone uses fuel cards or not. I assume you will make some sort of saving because you are staying loyal to the same garage. Also it would make it a lot easier and save on keeping receipts and giving employees cash to pay for the petrol. Just wondered if anyone has compared the different stations before and what the best deal is? Thanks

Be careful of the big card providers - we always used PHH for our fleet, and they have just started surcharging £2 every time the card is used! We shopped around but several other providers are doing the same thing.

In the end, we settled on whichever of Tesco or Sainsburies is nearest the branch where the vehicle is based (they both do fuel card schemes) and just keep the PHH cards for emergencies if a driver is stranded away from home.

Be careful of the big card providers - we always used PHH for our fleet, and they have just started surcharging £2 every time the card is used! We shopped around but several other providers are doing the same thing.

In the end, we settled on whichever of Tesco or Sainsburies is nearest the branch where the vehicle is based (they both do fuel card schemes) and just keep the PHH cards for emergencies if a driver is stranded away from home.

youd have to be a long way from southampton to not find either sainsburies or tescos

there not all that good!.

for employees and vehicle there an option but not if you have less than 3 vans imo.

I've got shell cards. When i had a lot of vans on the road it saved ****in about with petty cash and they were handier. If you make sure the mileage is recorded it is easy enough to keep a check of any miss use (yes the garages will ask you what registration they want marked down).
Now i only have 2 vans so i mainly just use the supermarkets and get the few pence a litre cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fuel Cards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock