Discuss Freezing 3yr old son's bedroom HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The increase in pressure is not related to balancing system. Opening rads won't cure it!

smglasgow.

Please be aware of our swearing policy on this forum.

This is a friendly reminder of that policy.

Don't swear!

Actually I said, if the case has to come off the boiler you can't do it.

Going to kick out theem with a mallet when I get back from work tonight

Stand to be corrected here but, using a rubber or even a hide mallet wont have the effect of "Shocking" the pin free, needs to be something metallic.

Stand to be corrected here but, using a rubber or even a hide mallet wont have the effect of "Shocking" the pin free, needs to be something metallic.

I use a. Icily waited adjustable, a short sharp tap.

well. after a couple of days tapping the TRV in 3yr olds room, finally bot the bullet and replaced the TRV body completely with new unit. Pump speed 3. with the result .....................NO CHANGE! 55degree radiator temp at top compared with brother room at 65 degrees. Radiator no cold zones and 5 degree difference top to bottom, so wonder if the lockshield is restricted with gunk even thought the head is fully unscrewed. Back to drawing board for now I guess. Current thinking:

- replace loockshield;

if still restricted flow:

- flush radiator from hose - even thought convinced clean!

if still restricted flow:

- investigate blockage in pipework between brothers radiator and 3rd olds (all of 8 ft!)

if still restricted:

- replace pump.

if still restricted:

MOVE HOME!!!!!!!

Glad I dont do this for a living, like forensic science this lot.

investigate blockage in pipework between brothers radiator and 3rd olds (all of 8 ft!)

10ft length of cable ? Sort of 5mm diameter cable used to hang net curtains and maybe a wet vac?

brainwave.........perhaps, just seen brothers hot rad - 65 top, 67inlet, 55 outlet (ideal 12 degrees temp drop) with lockshield at 2 turns from open. Problem rad is wide open on lockshield with inlet of 63 and outlet of 58 (5 degree drop) and top of rad at 58. Surley if I throttle down lockshield on this rad it will effectively reduce the speed with which water flows through the rad and therefore heat it up (paradoxically as I always thought the last in the line needed to be fully open)>

wrong time to test this as system now up to temp, but will throttle down by 50% and see how it looks tomorrow AM

Remove affected rad and fit length of copper between valves, see what temp you get on the pipe
If flow pipe, temp copper pipe and return all get to same hot temp, then rad is the problem
If no better, points to a restriction in flow/return pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freezing 3yr old son's bedroom HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock