Discuss Freezing 3yr old son's bedroom HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are supposed to get the expansion vessel air charge checked minimum once a year when boiler is serviced.
Remember you can't open the gas boiler or work on it unless you are gas qualified.
Separate expansion vessel is a different story.

The gas guys are lazy best :) its only us oilies that check the ev on a service :) :) :)

The gas guys are lazy best :) its only us oilies that check the ev on a service :) :) :)

Tell me about it! :smile: I am overworked sometimes on oil. I wish all I had to do is service or replace them wee easy gas boilers.

Tell me about it! :smile: I am overworked sometimes on oil. I wish all I had to do is service or replace them wee easy gas boilers.

The gas stuff may a bit technical.:Angel_anim:

I must admit the gas stuff must be very technical. That's probably why I have to tell people where their gas engineers failed. :smile:
That Goose bloke is a gas engineer and seems to be lost in the complexity of basic oil stuff. :grin:

I would love to see you sorting an oil twin vapour burner rayburn nouvelle in less than 3 hours on a standard service, or 3 days if you've not got a manual

I would love to see you sorting an oil twin vapour burner rayburn nouvelle in less than 3 hours on a standard service, or 3 days if you've not got a manual

I've had a look on other forums, and it's quite simple.

I've had a look on other forums, and it's quite simple.

great, next time I am asked I will give them your number, there aren't that many out there (Aga trained or not ) that will go near them :) the powermax of range cookers, but a lot lot worse..................

Oil is for kids. Afaiac if you can do a 12000 service on ya corsa you can work on oil.

Heating runs on mobil 1 right ???

Last edited by a moderator:
7am update, heating on for 1hr, 1-degree outside..............no improvement. rads 65-degree throughout house, problem 2 still at 50. Going to kick out theem with a mallet when I get back from work tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
7:30am - 52 lounge, 55 bedrom, coming up but slowly as other rads in system start shutting down on thier TRVs as rooms reach temps...........downside of all this is I now have a boiler pressure of 2.7bar!!!!!!!!!1 up from 1bar cold. Clearly increasing pump speed to 3 with current lockshiled settings (most are throttles way down) is raising boiler pressure.......or coincidental problem with EV pressure (which you say I cannot touch evn thought shraeder valve can be seen at back / top of boiler).

Not sure how fast the boiler pressure came up this AM, will get wive to turn on heating from cold this afternoon and watch gauge for 10-min to see if it shoots up (indicating EV issues) or rises slowly over an hour, indicating lockshileds too far shut on too many rads issue

Next step - open lockshileds downstairs more to reduce system resistance and max boiler pressure on pump 3 setting, or just call out an engineer (I know!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freezing 3yr old son's bedroom HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock