Discuss Freezing 3yr old son's bedroom HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm qualified with over twenty years experience.
I see you are GS registered and a PA member - that's all I know about you.

I've been doing them from the top since the 80,s with minimum failures. I find the side method takes more force.
May be it does take more force, but it's less likely to damage the innards of the valve.

As for qualifications, - my Forum name should tell you. Experience - looking after my own heating systems for nearly 40 years: balancing; installing motorized valves; programmers and thermostats; converting a gravity/pumped to C plan; relocating an F/E tank for a friend because it was too near the boiler, which had been relocated from ground floor to first floor, so the static head was too small and the system was pumping over. (The installers "solution" was to turn the pump down, which immediately produced other problems); etc etc. If any work to the boiler has been required I immediately call in a trusted GSR engineer.

OP will you please give the trv's a sharp tap and a wiggle of the pin. Then let us know the score. Cheers.

May be it does take more force, but it's less likely to damage the innards of the valve.

As for qualifications, - my Forum name should tell you. Experience - looking after my own heating systems for nearly 40 years: balancing; installing motorized valves; programmers and thermostats; converting a gravity/pumped to C plan; relocating an F/E tank for a friend because it was too near the boiler, which had been relocated from ground floor to first floor, so the static head was too small and the system was pumping over. (The installers "solution" was to turn the pump down, which immediately produced other problems); etc etc. If any work to the boiler has been required I immediately call in a trusted GSR engineer.

Why didnt you leave the tank and convert to low head situation?

You are barking up the wrong tree. And I notice that the majority of that is copied directly from the Danfoss MI's.
How am I barking up the wrong tree?

I was not copying anything from Danfoss MI; I was already aware of the fact that Danfoss made a pre-settable body compatible with the C2 head.

What experience do you actually have?
Already answered.

Because I will not have inaccurate advice given on this forum .
I agree wholeheartedly; please advise me which advice in this topic is inaccurate.

I was not copying anything from Danfoss MI; I was already aware of the fact that Danfoss made a pre-settable body compatible with the C2 head.

Already answered.

I agree wholeheartedly; please advise me which advice in this topic is inaccurate.

Its not a balancing issue.

Not going to jump all over you fella but, the majority of home owners/diyers that come on here for advice want advice based on actual experience, not a paragraph lifted straight from mi's ins or a text book
The reality between theoretical experience and practical are sometimes far apart and can require
real world exp to rectify/overcome the problems they may have

Why didn't you leave the tank and convert to low head situation?
Because the tank needed replacing in any case, so while I was about it I decided to relocate. In any case the boiler's MIs specify a static head of 1m above top of the boiler, without showing a "low head" option, I followed the MIs, as frequently advised on many Forums.

Already answered.

Its not a balancing issue.

As Simon said. It is NOT a balancing issue. And dabbling with your own and a friends heating systems does not make you experienced. It makes you familiar with those systems.

You, at the moment, are barking up the wrong tree by carrying on about the balancing. Your methodology of that, I will add, is also flawed. You have not read the op in the slightest.

So, do you want to want to try again?

I once pulled my wobbly tooth out with a price of string. Does that make me a dentist?
You've got no grounds advising people in here through your experience. Yours and a friends house isn't enough.

Well done you! You fixed an issue at some stage.

Hi guys, since joining ukpf 3yrs ago this month I`ve read every post, looked at every photograph and learned loads so can I call myself a plumber with experience and argue with real plumbers in the real world ?

Please, pretty please ! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Freezing 3yr old son's bedroom HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock