Search the forum,

Discuss Flue location concern in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi looking for some advice. I need to get a new boiler fitted in the next few months and I’m concerned about the flue location above my conservatory (ignore the mess which is due to be cleaned away). Can anyone give me there opinion on this? If it’s a problem, can it be resolved in its current location?

Attachments

• 6BD969EA-62A9-49BB-9A67-F1991B2C422D.jpeg
    6BD969EA-62A9-49BB-9A67-F1991B2C422D.jpeg
    674.4 KB · Views: 26
  • D397DEBB-03A0-4E85-BF25-C8F6BEB519A1.jpeg
    D397DEBB-03A0-4E85-BF25-C8F6BEB519A1.jpeg
    504.7 KB · Views: 25
A plume management kit would reduce the clearance required.
Worcester kit states 150mm but others may be different, would suggest working with your engineer to find an appropriate solution.

Unfortunately options are limited.
Weirdly if the pitch of your lean-to was allot steeper then you'd be able to terminate horizontally through the roof.
May take some out of the box thinking...

OK I'll get sucked in again!
I think your suggesting running a vertical section up wall and then out again or maybe just the exhaust?
The first is a problem because we HAVE to use manufacturers flue and none are rated for external use, nor is the practice permitted even if they were.
The second is what I already recommended (plume management kit) but requirement is 150mm clearance under inlet in this situation (for WB).

OK I'll get sucked in again!
I think your suggesting running a vertical section up wall and then out again or maybe just the exhaust?
The first is a problem because we HAVE to use manufacturers flue and none are rated for external use, nor is the practice permitted even if they were.
The second is what I already recommended (plume management kit) but requirement is 150mm clearance under inlet in this situation (for WB).
LIke I said, as master engineer, I'm paid for my skills of resolve problems

Is there any option of raising it on the inside. For example lifting the boiler or just using a short extension before the elbow that takes it through the wall, really it should be 300mm above the roof for a simple life. I have had to take sections of the ceiling above out previously to raise it above rooflines/carports outside(obviously where it is possible to do/joist positions etc)

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it’s appreciated. I’m not sure if lifting the boiler is going to be an option as it’s already close to the ceiling in my kitchen. I think I’ll have to wait until I can get an installer to come and view and see what the options are. Thanks again

Lol , hes a bit special isnt he , well above us plebs .
Ha ha caught with his pants down....

Reply to Flue location concern in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock