Discuss Flexible tap connectors - quality of in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elbow

Some of these last well for years, and others seem to fail quickly. Is there a British Standard? Can anyone suggest good brands?

I agree. But some combinations of tap/sink/basin are so awkward that flexi connectors are the only way to get in.

there is a professional standard that that flexys come under

​NO....

If you use one that is WRAS approved it's a good start. Not as good as copper but better than the non approved ones and not a breach of the water regulations to fit either.

the use of non wras approved ones has lead o legionella in a hospital, seems the bacteria like cheap chinese rubber.

What is it about the WRAS approved ones, then - is it a particular type of rubber that resists bacteria? And is it thicker rubber that resists bursting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexible tap connectors - quality of in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve used the hep20 tap connectors a few years back when I did. C&G plumbing course. I brought a few the other day and in the packet was a...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock