Discuss Fitting a condenser to one pipe system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plucky

I have a customer who has a one pipe system. Its a fairly big house 14ish rads. He has Gravity HW and pumped CH one a one pipe system.

He is dead set against upgrading to a two pipe system due to the disturbance to his house. I have tried my greatest to convince him to upgrade but he is having none of it.

So anyways, I understand due to higher return temps the boiler wont actually condense much but will the system work still?

I mean at the moment his 45 year old boiler is heating all the rads up pretty nicely within 10 mins or so.

I would like to get this job and end up with a satisfied customer but I do not want to give a quote unless I am fitting a system I KNOW is going to work.

Cheers

yes it will work but is there not minimum requirements when installin a condensor like trv's in bedrooms and fully pumped with room and cylinder stat! so would the 1 pipe come into it? Also when commisioning the boiler return temps would be all wrong maybe best get in touch with manufacturer. Also why not see if they pass the paperwork to fit a non-condensing type. i think customer is mad and if it was my house it would be re-piped!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting a condenser to one pipe system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock