Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Firebird combi 90 boiler help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crazyhorse

Hi,
We have a firebird combi 90 boiler and up until a week or so ago it was working fine.There are 2 switches with timers on the front, 1 for hot water the other central heating.I can have hot water or heating ( timed or constant ) with no problem. When I try to get heating and hot water at the same time it only gives me hot water.No matter what combination i try timed or constant, I only get hot water. If i turn the hot water switch off the heating will work fine.Like I said at the start all was working fine, ie hot water and heating at same time up until a week ago. Anyone have any ideas ?

Kind regards

Phill

Sounds like an electrical problem. Difficult to diagnose without being there and certainly not able to talk you through electrical testing. Best get an engineer in.If the flow switch was stuck you wouldnt get heating at all.

As above, sounds like an interesting one though, sorry cant help without being there.

Thanks both, are you allowed to recommend me an engineer in the South Wales area ? (Carmarthenshire)

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Ring firebird they will have someone near you who should be trained up. There were a lot of firebirds instslled in wsles. Failing that try the oftec website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firebird combi 90 boiler help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock