Search the forum,

Discuss ferroli optima 700 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

just been up to my daughters new flat in leeds:driving: and gave the gas plumbing and heating a good check over (as you do)lol.
the landlord arrived as i just finished so gave him an earache of the problems and faults that i had discovered:boxing_smiley:

such as; gas pipe to cooker hanging of the wall, bayonet pointing upwards, heavy corrosion around meter, shared meter cupboard no notices, pipe work not sealed to brick work on entry, no prv pipe connected to boiler, no earth bonding and a IMG_0052.jpglong list of others. fortunately the gas was tight.:smartass: :13:

he got a bit shirty with me and asked for some form of gsr proof, so happened i had mine on me. i dont think he likes me lol.:winkiss:

any way, optima 700,

can any one tell me a reason why the fan runs consistently when there is no demand for heating or hot water (even after 20 mins idle) :crazy::confused:
there is i note, system pressure drop but i find no leaks, the land lord has also told me he had a new clock fitted recently..:crazy:

Does the fan run at low speed then speed up on demand?

Some boilers use the fan to keep the casing cool or ventilate a permanent pilot.

yes, i think thats what it is,
its humming so presume low speed with the pilot on.

i think its normal now i have had a think, but may be not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ferroli optima 700 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
I had a boiler check today all went well, and then he went to check on the gas meter which is in my larder in the kitchen high up on the wall. That wasn’t too much of an issue, although the gas engineer did say that it wasn’t a common place to have it, but it was there when we moved in so...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock