Search the forum,

Discuss Fast flow waste problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diplomat1

My problem seems simple but I cannot resolve it. Fast trap waste will only dispose of sufficient water if centre plastic piece (with o ring seal) is backed off i.e. loosened. With everything tightened up the waste water will not empty quickly enough and shower tray overflows. There is no problem with my waste piping, good fall 40mm pipe directly to stack. If I loosen centre piece (think it is called the trap) waste will run really fast and just how it should be - please help?

It's vacuuming. Is it an internal stack, does it have a durgo or vented to atmosphere? Anything else tee'd into it?

The waste from this shower goes directly to the main stack which also takes waste from a small sink and a toilet,

To confirm, the waste from the small sink joins a tee which also takes the waste from the shower, this then goes into the stack which is vented to the outside.

Try an anti syphon bottle trap on the sink waste. It's basicaly a small air admittance valve on the top.

Thanks for that advice. Before I do that, would it make any difference if I opened or closed that sink plug?

If it does you have a problem because the shower will be trying to draw out the water in the basin trap, leaving nasty smells. The anti syphonic trap will do the 'plug out' without the side effects.

No, because it's above the trap so cannot allow air through it!!

(It's the sort of question I'd have asked a while back!!!!)

You've been very kind by giving me prompt advice, thank you very much I will pop out and get one tomorrow and will report back with the outcome. Thx

Not sure have solved problem but this is what happened. Bought a new trap as advised but I would have had to alter waste pipe to fit' I took off the existing one and then replaced it and hey presto the shower waste trap seemed to work well. Maybe it was just air locked? Thanks very much for your help

Not sure have solved problem but this is what happened. Bought a new trap as advised but I would have had to alter waste pipe to fit' I took off the existing one and then replaced it and hey presto the shower waste trap seemed to work well. Maybe it was just air locked? Thanks very much for your help

Thanks for letting us know you got it sorted. Glad it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fast flow waste problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock